The Speaker Profile page gives a complete run-down of this year's Speakers, together with a brief biography, how they got involved in genetic genealogy, and what they will be talking about this year.
|Speaker Profile page|
Simply visit the Speaker Profile page and click on the Speaker's name to see their profile.
- Beginner's talks will be given by Debbie Kennett and Donna Rutherford.
- Ancient DNA will be covered by Lara Cassidy (reporting on >100 ancient Irish genomes).
- Topics around Ethics, Privacy & Data Protection include talks by Barbara Rae-Venter, James Irvine, Debbie Kennett & Maurice Gleeson.
- Third Party tools will be the subject of a variety of presentations, including those by Cathal McElgunn (Promethease), Martin McDowell (Lazarus), Katherine Borges (DNA Painter), and Andrew Millard (WATO).
- Y-DNA topics will be covered by John Cleary, John Brazil and the O'Neill Project Team.
- Autosomal DNA Projects will be discussed by Martin Curley and the subsequent Panel Discussion.
The lectures will be live-streamed each day on the Genetic Genealogy Ireland Facebook group courtesy of Gerard Corcoran. If you want to see the talks, you need to be a member of the Genetic Genealogy Ireland Facebook group - it is completely free to join.
The lectures will be recorded and it is planned to upload them to the GGI YouTube channel throughout November.
16 Oct 2018